I'm sure tomorrow will be a better day!
05 April 2011
Went to 光明山 at Bright Hill Road (It's probably the direct translation of the chinese name) to '扫墓' The inverted commas is because there was no grave to clean. Not enough land in S'pore to have graves to be exact. Anyway, went there early in the morning... and guess what........... TRAFFIC JAM!!! It always jam there. I think everyone took a day off to go Sin Ming to pay respect to their ancestors and passed away family members. Wonder why did they not make a parking facility there to ease the crapped up congestion?!?!?! Went to pray and stuff. The whole shelter was stuffed with smoke produced by the incense sticks! Choked by the smoke a few times. And it made me wanna cry D: Not that I emotional or what. It's just that the smoke was too unbearable and causing my eyes to secrete tears.
Heard an interesting story about 宏船法师 (HanYu PinYing: Hóng Chuán Fǎ Shī) and the one dollar coin. Heard it from my aunt as it happens that 宏船法师, a highly respected monk, has a statue of him at 光明山. And he was a friend of Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew, help MM Lee with many problems. One of it was the Mrt problem.
Have you wondered why the $1 coin was so special and have a octagon in it when all the others don't have?
The version I was told was this:
At the beginning of the Mrt project, some Feng Shui masters said that building the Mrt will somehow affect the economy unless everyone have a 八卦镜(octagon mirror). As some people know, MM Lee was a believer of FengShui. But it was impossible to get everyone in S'pore to carry an octagon mirror everywhere they go. The Christians, Catholics and etc. surely wouldn't do that... so he thought of a very ingenious idea! It was to put the octagonal shape into the $1 coin! This way, everyone will have to carry it around coz it's cash! That was how the Mrt project could take place and wouldn't affect the economy of S'pore :D
However, besides the octagonal shape of our $1 coin, there's something else people missed out.
I wanted to post the pictures too, but I'm not sure if that's actually legal so TOO BAD :(
JiaXuan's outta here!!
又可以在见到你了!我会好好地把握时机吗?